Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Jan 14, 2009 @ 15:03
    Steve Morgan

DeployLX.Licensing.v3 Error when moving Umbraco to a 64-bit host [SOLVED]

Spent most of the morning on this one. I was moving an Umbraco installation from a 32-bit IIS 6 installation to 64-bit, Server 2008, IIS7.

If you try and move Umbraco, containing Pro (Courier) and receive the following error

[quote]
    Could not load file or assembly 'DeployLX.Licensing.v3' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
    [/quote]

Then you need to enable 32-bit Mode Worker Processes

[quote]
    %windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd set config -section:applicationPools -applicationPoolDefaults.enable32BitAppOnWin64:true
    [/quote]

See here for details http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/201/32-bit-mode-worker-processes/

The two dlls that appear to cause problems are DeployLX.Licensing.v3.dll and Umbraco.Courier.dll

Hope this helps someone!

Jan 15, 2009 @ 12:53
    Steve Morgan

I should note this also happened when I tried to install Courier on a fresh copy of Umbraco.

• quolo 13 posts 25 karma points
    May 06, 2009 @ 21:51
    quolo

The same thing just happened to me doing a fresh Courier install; not only did it fail, but it crashed my entire existing installation.

Did you ever figure out what happened or how to fix it?

May 06, 2009 @ 22:05
    Steve Morgan

Yes - if you run the command I posted above (in blue) and restart IIS you should be sweet. It is a problem with the licensing and IIS running in 64-bit mode. Neils is aware but his hands are tied by the third party tool that locks down Courier.

[code]
    %windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd set config -section:applicationPools -applicationPoolDefaults.enable32BitAppOnWin64:true
    [/code]

• Casey Neehouse 1339 posts 483 karma points MVP 2x admin
    May 06, 2009 @ 22:06
    Casey Neehouse

If you are loosing your content nodes, you will need to edit a table in the database to replace the courier references.

Open the umbracoAppTree table, update the record with 'content' appAlias and 'content' treeAlias. Change the treeHandlerAssembly to 'umbraco' and the treeHandlerType to 'loadContent'

IE ( I think this SQL will do the trick)
    Update umbracoAppTree
    Set treeHandlerAssembly = N'umbraco', treeHanlderType = N'loadContent'
    Where appAlias='content' and treeAlias='content'

Of course this means Courier is no longer in control of the content, but your install will work again.

• Casey Neehouse 1339 posts 483 karma points MVP 2x admin
    May 06, 2009 @ 22:09
    Casey Neehouse

[quote=cheesey_toastie]...his hands are tied...[/quote]

I understand that response, but find it lacking as justification.

May 06, 2009 @ 22:10
    Steve Morgan

Neehouse is describing a very useful trick to a slightly different problem where your content nodes go missing.

Which do you have, missing nodes or are you getting an exception?

This thread, and my advise, was regarding running an Umbraco installation with Courier in a 64-bit IIS instance (Windows Server 2008).

If you're still having problems let us know what environment and the Umbraco versions you're using. Also there was an update to Courier - ensure you're using the latest version (see the shop).

May 06, 2009 @ 22:14
    Steve Morgan

[quote=neehouse][quote=cheesey_toastie]...his hands are tied...[/quote]

I understand that response, but find it lacking as justification. [/quote]

Yup, I'm looking forward to the next version of Courier - it's not ideal enabling 32 bit processes and there are a few issues with Media that need resolving but on the whole it's a pretty useful tool.

May 06, 2009 @ 22:37
    quolo

It's a 64-bit environment - I'm getting an HTTP exception when trying to access either the site or the Umbraco administration panel.

I assume it's the latest version of Courier as I just got my license and downloaded it hours ago.

I'll give the blue command a go with an IIS restart and let you know how it goes.

Many thanks for the rapid assistance.

May 06, 2009 @ 22:42
    quolo

Hot chicken, you just saved my bacon. That worked and I'm back in business. I guess it was 64-bit related just as you said.

I feel much better now, save for eating too many chocolate covered pretzels.

• Danny Douglass 28 posts 43 karma points
    Jul 29, 2009 @ 21:41
    Danny Douglass

Ditto - problem w/ installation.  This fixed it - thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft